• Carefully remove bandage after a minimum of 2 hour and wash gently with bare hands and warm water. Blot dry with a clean paper towel.
• Apply Â a light layer of AQUAPHOR ointment twice a day for 5 days or until tattoo starts to flake then switch to non-fragrant, non-dye hand lotion.
• Do not soak your tattoo
• Avoid chlorine water and salt water for the first 2 weeks
• Do not expose to the sun or tanning beds
• Do not pick or scratch your tattoo
Microblading is the process of imbedding semi-permanent, iron-oxide based pigments into the skin with a hand tool called a microblade, using a hair stroke technique. The tattoo’s lifespan is 18 to 24 months and may require a yearly touch up.
The Tattoo will appear 40% darker for the first 7 to 14 days. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed after week 3. The area will scab, peel and flake revealing a softer and lighter end result. It is common for some lines to “fall out” during the healing process. 2-3 sessions are required depending on the individual.
Older clients with thicker skin, clients with little to no natural hair or overly oily skin tend to require a 3rd session.
The initial healing time is approximately 7-14 days, however you will continue to heal for a full six weeks.
Proper aftercare during the first 14 days is essential for proper healing.
100$ non refundable deposit required for all bookings. Arriving 15 minutes or later past your appointment time or failing to show up will result in loss of deposit. 48 hours notice required for reschedules without the loss of deposit.
- The morning after your procedure gently wash the area using clean hands with warm water and a liquid antibacterial soap such as ®Dial. Do this for approximately 5-10 seconds. Rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Beginning on the third day; apply an unscented moisturizer or vitamin E oil sparingly. Do this no more than once a day.
- When not cleaning or moisturizing keep hands away from the tattooed area. Natural oil’s on your hands will pull pigment to the surface. (No rubbing or picking!) If you have oily skin patting the area with a dry and clean paper towel a few times throughout the day can help retain more pigment.
- Do not submerge the area in water and try to avoid getting the area wet while in the shower/bath. Keep area free of make up, hair, scrubs, peels, etc. No swimming, tanning, excessive sweating, hot sauna, laser or chemical treatments, drinking in excess, driving in open air vehicle such as convertibles, boats and bicycles.
Once your scabs flake and peel off fully you have finished the initial healing and are free to resume your normal day to day routine. Your tattoos will continue to heal for a total of six weeks. A second, more subtle layer of skin will peel between the second and third week exposing more pigment.
Any strokes or spots where the pigment didn’t hold will be filled in at your follow-up appointment. To prolong the life of your eyebrows care for them by applying sunscreen before sun exposure and avoid harsh chemicals or rough materials.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR NEW TATTOO or PIERCING PLEASE CALL US AT 805-295-6419